Falmouth Service Center
After about a decade of community outreach, the Falmouth Service Center had outgrown its current facility. After considering a new building or an addition, INTEGRATA determined that a reorganization of the current facility would solve the functional requirements of this growing organization.
FUNCTIONALLY EFFICIENT DESIGN
The new design increases the food pantry area by 50% enabling volunteers to serve 1½ times as many clients while the clothing area is 40% larger. The intake and storage area has doubled in size by creating a second floor within the warehouse space. A fully equipped commercial kitchen will enable increased production for the Meals on Wheels program and provide a space for nutrition classes. A new meeting room and private offices have also been provided.
ENERGY EFFICIENT DESIGN
This renovation provides an opportunity to incorporate energy efficient measures. Among the planned energy efficiency improvements are:
- sealing gaps in the building envelope where heated air can escape,
- provide or increase current levels of insulation,
- determine if repairs or replacement of the current mechanical system is warranted,
- redesign the lighting system to be more energy efficient with LEDs, fluorescent and other low-energy consuming fixtures,
- installation of a solar photovoltaic array to supplement the electrical needs of the facility.
If you would like to make a donation to the Falmouth Service Center please go to:
Completed images by © John Moore ARCPHOTO