Commercial Non-Profit: Renovation + Addition
Falmouth Service Center: Falmouth, MA
Expanding for Growth
After about a decade of community outreach, the Falmouth Service Center had outgrown its current facility. After considering a new building or an addition, INTEGRATA determined that a reorganization of the current facility would solve the functional requirements of this growing organization.
Functionally Efficient Design
The new design increases the food pantry area by 50% enabling volunteers to serve 1½ times as many clients while the clothing area is 40% larger. The intake and storage area has doubled in size by creating a second floor within the warehouse space. A fully equipped commercial kitchen will enable increased production for the Meals on Wheels program and provide a space for nutrition classes. A new meeting room and private offices have also been provided.
Energy Efficient Design
This renovation provides an opportunity to incorporate energy efficient measures. Among the energy efficiency improvements are:
- Sealing gaps in the building envelope where heated air would escape
- Providing and increasing current levels of insulation
- Determining if repairs or replacement of the current mechanical system is warranted
- Redesigning the lighting system to be more energy efficient with LEDs, fluorescent and other low-energy consuming fixtures
- Installing a solar photovoltaic array to supplement the electrical needs of the facility
INTEGRATA fully supports the Falmouth Service Center and the important work it does in helping our neighbors in need.
If you would like to make a donation to the Falmouth Service Center please go to: